SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
Glossier is looking for a highly-motivated, driven, and organized Global Supply Chain Manager to join our innovative Product Operations team. In this role, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization, including building close relationships with our Production Planning and Product Marketing & Development teams. You will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies, and work effectively to manage new product launches and build a robust supply chain network.
- Timely project management of new product introduction as a liaison of internal cross-functional teams and external stakeholders
- Identify new vendors in market innovation
- Manage vendor relationship and provide feedback via vendor scorecard
- Optimize product margin through proactive cost savings initiatives; analysis on spending, should-cost, benchmarking,
- Develop in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and costs and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Forecasting and inventory/ order planning
- Do whatever it takes to prevent stock-outs
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts
- 4-6+ years of experience in a related field
- BA/BS degree, or MA/MS/MBA degree
- Knowledge of cosmetic or food supply chain, or working experience in manufacturing field is a strong plus
- A team player with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Superb project management, communication and interpersonal skills
- A knack for negotiation
- A creative aptitude/appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand
- Willingness to travel (15% - 20%)
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
- Reports To TBD