Position Open - Posted Wednesday, June 13th 2018
Fiji Water MerchandiserSanta Barbara CA Entry Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
About The Position
Join the #1 premium water brand! The #1 cabernet wine brand in CA and the #1 nuts brand!
We're a super-high-growth company (double-digit annual growth) and we're adding a new territory to our portfolio! A brand new territory covering retailers and convenience channels in Santa Barbara, Ventura and Central Coast. As first in the territory, you'll enjoy the opportunity to build fresh relationships with current accounts and customize the role as you're own. There is tremendous opportunity ahead!
If you enjoy being out-and-about town, on the go, promoting premium health-conscious brands, and socializing with accounts, this is the job for you! A sales orientated job that is not hard sales. All in a new territory with lots of company opportunity growth ahead. All with a company vehicle, competitive hourly wage, annual bonus and great health benefits. Sound interesting?
Here's what you'll do:
The primary role of the Merchandiser is to effectively service all customers in a professional manner by ensuring proper level of stock is maintained, displayed and rotated correctly within all retail trade channels for FIJI Water, JUSTIN and Landmark wines. Along with servicing Wonderful Pistachio's & Almonds and POM Wonderful in the same manner for the Convenience channel of trade. This position will assist in sales support by growing rapport and relationship with our customers and upselling into an account when possible.
- Service assigned accounts by stocking warm & cold shelves, building displays, placing POS, rotating product and ensuring backroom inventory is clean, accessible and sufficient.
- Maintain route frequency for responsible territory as assigned by your Manager.
- Ensure assigned accounts are adhering to pricing and promotional activity as communicated.
- Sell in incremental displays, racks and equipment placements to support all brands.
- Communicate promotional programs and ensure account compliance with all programs and POG's.
- Communicate all results and account conditions pre/post service call to the appropriate parties in an effective and timely manner.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador by providing superior customer service to educate consumers and accounts by answering questions, locating product, and aiding as needed or requested.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Exceptional time management skills and punctuality.
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by an ability to set and handle multiple priorities.
- Competency and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to be on your feet for the greater part of the day.
- Ability to lift or move 50 pounds.
- Frequent crouching, bending, leaning, reaching while servicing accounts warm shelf, cold locations, displays and backroom inventories.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Full Time position (40Hrs). Hours are typically 6am - 3pm or 7am - 4pm. If you're not an early morning person, this is not the job for you.
- Willing to occasionally work a variety of different hours or days in the work week based on the business needs.
- Occasional Distributor Meetings, Key Account calls etc.
- Occasional travel outside the territory.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Connection for our healthy brands!
- Prior Merchandising or account management related experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Must have a valid Drivers' License with a clean driving record.
- Comfortable driving a van.
- Additional language skills an advantage.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work-Life balance.