Position Open - Posted Wednesday, June 13th 2018
Field Sales Representative (FSR) - Charleston, SCCharleston SC Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Lead Brewery Rep- North Carolina and South Carolina
About The Position
POSITION SUMMARY: Grows sales, increase brand presence, and ensure product quality through key account calls, promotional events, and working with distributor sales personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Plans and executes On and Off Premise promotions including both small and large scale events. Minimum of 3 On Premise and 3 Off Premise are required monthl
- Obtains orders from On and Off Premise accounts in conjunction with distributor representatives.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with On and Off Premise accounts in area.
- Sells in and conducts training programs with retailers, restaurateurs, and consumers on all aspects of Bell’s products.
- Assumes a leadership role in implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors, retailers, and restaurateurs in area.
- Assists Lead Brewery Representative in communicating Breweries objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners.
- Responsible for effectively communicating information with distributor partners in order to keep product fresh and relevant.
- Conducts required in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
- Ensures that the Brewery’s quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Uses data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distribution, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Demonstrates knowledge in overseeing and managing a personal and professional calendar, with particular attention to balancing multiple deadlines at any given time.
- Ensures proper use of available legal point of sale items throughout territory.
- Assists Lead Brewery Representative in communicating sales data and market relevant insights with distributor partners.
- Attends all Regional & Brewery Sales team meetings as requested.
- Responsible to turn in weekly accountability worksheet in a timely manner.
- Reviews and understands all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a valid driver’s license
Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office program
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
- High level of craft beer product knowledge
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills
- Ability to troubleshoot draft issues.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of industry experience selling craft beer
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer.
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Primarily work will be done in home office, while traveling, and also in business accounts.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Bell’s beer are required.
- Travel is required.