Distributor and ManufacturerView Full Profile
About The Position
Dixie Brands – the Denver based pioneer and leader in handcrafted infused cannabis products since 2010 – is looking for an events guru who believes in the power of brand experiences to not only fuel real human connection, WOM and brand love but ultimately drive sales! You will have deep experience in running events of all sizes from retail level pop-ups to installations in major music festivals and everything in between! You’ll have rock solid project management & team leadership skills and a holistic understanding of and love (or at least respect) for the complexities & challenges associated with event execution and the myriad of details that entails. But wait, there’s more... We’re not just looking for someone who can execute, we’re looking for someone who can lead the strategic & creative development of our experiential program across a portfolio of brands and a number of trade & consumer audiences. Want to play a leading role in establishing a new benchmark for branded experiences in the cannabis category? If you said ‘yes’ to all of the above then we definitely want to talk!
The Event & Experiences Manager plays a critical role in bringing our brand stories to life by delivering cut through, memorable brand experiences that drive brand love with both consumer & trade audiences. They play a hybrid role – leading the strategic & creative development of branded experiential programs and managing each project, working collaboratively with marketing, sales & third party stakeholders to ensure flawless execution and of course measurement against identified success metrics!
- Developing the Experiential Plan
- Helping define the quintessential consumer experience for each relevant brand in the Dixie portfolio ensuring scalability from large scale festival formats to retail pop-ups and in store demo’s.
- Mapping the event landscape across core markets, prioritizing opportunities & negotiating relevant, cost effective brand presence.
- Managing Projects for Flawless Execution
- Planning events from start to finish to optimize consumer experience.
- Proactive budget management to ensure investments remain within agreed plan.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers for required goods & services.
- Proactive hiring & management of 3rd party contributors (staff, talent, creative & activation agency’s, etc.)
- Measuring Performance
- Establishing success criteria and measuring performance against those KPI’s.
- Evaluating all aspects of every event (pre, during and post) to identify opportunities for experience optimization and improvement.
- Collaboration & Communication
- Develop event proposals and plans that inform, educate & excite key stakeholders, the broader organization and our trade partners.
- Develop & deliver post event informational presentations for all relevant stakeholders.
- Work positively & collaboratively with key cross functional stakeholders.
Experiences, Skills & Traits Required:
- Proven experience as event manager for an agency, media partner or CPG brand
- Skilled in project management with excellent organizational & project management skills with a high attention to detail and follow through.
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- A knack for problem-solving & a demonstrated customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, projects & workstreams
- Agency / Media background of interest
- CPG experience a must
- Reports To Director of Trade Engagement