Position Open - Posted Friday, June 8th 2018
Domestic & International LogisticsSeattle WA Mid-Level Full Time eCommerce
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to:
About The Position
Purpose: Paula’s Choice is a growing e-commerce skin care company with logistics and distribution infrastructure on three continents. Our logistics activities involve importing components to US domestic warehouses & manufacturers, and transporting finished goods to domestic and overseas distribution centers. The Domestic & International Logistic Lead will guide a small team to ensure that freight transport is planned, moved, and paid according to established procedures and within SLAs, serve as the subject matter expert for logistics, and will be primarily responsible for executing international freight transport. The Lead will support continuous improvement initiatives to optimize global distribution, improve service and responsiveness, and decrease unit cost.
- Coordinate with Buyers, Quality Control, Contract Manufacturers, Warehouse teams, Freight Forwarders / Carriers to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of goods.
- Lead import / export logistics, US Customs compliance, and international logistics. Update all Free Trade data and HTS codes. Prepare and maintain customs documentation. Audit shipment receipts to ensure inventory values and quantities are accurate.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of booked shipments in internal systems and provide inbound visibility for warehouse operations, contract manufacturer’s, and supply chain team.
- Prepare freight purchase orders, review carrier invoices, resolving any disputed rates with carriers, and approve for payment.
- Support monitoring carrier performance and logistics costs, preparing budget forecasts, conducting cost/benefit analyses, and optimizing the network to control costs.
- Investigate & diagnose service failures, take corrective action, and file damage claims as needed.
- Establish logistics best practices and procedures for selecting carriers, booking shipments, customs and transportation compliance, internal and external communication and reporting. Provide training as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Highly motivated, with a sense of urgency, eye for details, and a customer-centric nature.
- Creative problem-solving skills, business acumen, organizational, and analytical skills. Excellent written and verbal communication
- Understands and articulates unit transportation costs to facilitate mode / speed / service / cost trade off decisions
- Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Understanding of manufacturing, distribution, retail and e-commerce.
- Principles and methods of moving goods by air, rail, sea or road, including relative costs and benefits.
- Expertise in international trade, customs, Free Trade Agreements, & international logistics.
- 5+ years in inbound / outbound transportation programs with focus on performance management
- Working directly with multiple internal and external parties and creating opportunities to improve efficiency and service while lowering costs.
- Experienced in all types of moves (import, export, domestic), consolidations, expedites, and special tariffs.