Presence Marketing/Dynamic Presence
Broker and ConsultantView Full Profile
About The Position
Natural products is what we do. It’s who we are. Presence Marketing is an independently owned natural food broker that was born from a desire to work in a dynamic and environmentally conscious industry working in communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate, high energy, have strong standards and vision and are committed to making natural and organic food the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
The Director of Brand Management is the leader responsible for the day to day management, growth and strategic initiatives of our National Brand Manager team becoming the link between our manufacturer partners and our sales teams. They are self-starters who have the ability to really “own” their business; working strategically with senior leadership and owners both internally and externally, presenting and quarterbacking the overall business objectives. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves, be strong willed, detailed driven, and highly motivated and dedicated to growing natural focused food and beverage brands.
A day in the life:
- Brand Development – As the Director of Brand Management, you will take ownership and strategically manage your business by developing, executing and evaluating business plans for our manufacturer partners. You are responsible for creating and leading overall processes, day to day operations and coordinating strategic development and tactical execution.
- Strategic Expertise – you must be a high-performing individual with the ability to influence change. Capable in both the strategic aspects as well as the hands-on execution on building and growing brands. Create forward thinking relationships and business plans to maximize national sales while overseeing budgets and strategy with business owners and C-level executives.
- Presenting - you must be comfortable to make concise and compelling presentations to a variety of audiences; capturing the attention and engagement of the most demanding and time-pressed individuals.
- Analytics – knowing your business and opportunities is an essential piece of driving sales and leading the teams strategically. Understanding, analyzing and presenting data such as SPINS, Nielsen, Power BI, store level void reports and distributor data is important to manage, monitor and utilize.
- Communication is key – you are expected to have value-added, solution-oriented, positive and timely communication (both internally and externally). This dynamic position requires working in partnership with all departments, executive leadership as well as our vendor partners at all levels.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Additional travel will be required for industry tradeshows and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5+ years of sales and/or brand management experience, preferably in the CPG industry
- Demonstrated experience leading strong teams
- Excellent skills in the following areas: presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
- Clean driving record, reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current insurance is required
- Dependable, extroverted, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
- Proficient computer (MS Office applications) and data-mining skills
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Ability to travel (approximately 20%)