Position Open - Posted Monday, July 2nd 2018
Culinary Operations Manager - Brooklyn, NYNew York NY Mid-Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Do you embody the Sakara Life? Sakara Life is a high-end rapidly growing organic meal delivery and lifestyle company. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being to join our beautiful culinary operations team! You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
We believe that what you put into your body forms the building blocks for the rest of your life and affects your relationships, career, happiness, and ability to create. We believe in simplicity in all areas of life, especially in food. Fresh, natural, local meals, prepared with loving hands using the healthiest, most hydrating and nourishing ingredients possible. The Sakara Life centers on the idea of making the right choices for your body because you want to, not because you have to. Sakara is not just about eating clean - it’s about living clean. Welcome to the Sakara Life. Welcome home.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sakara Life!
Culinary Operations Manager
The Culinary Operations Manager will be responsible for helping to manage the daily production at our Brooklyn kitchen facility and ensuring that every Sakara meal or product is the absolute best quality possible. We are looking for someone who is thoughtful and passionate about food, has the ability to manage people and processes in food production, and has a basic understanding of nutrition and clean eating. The Manager position will be based in our kitchen in Brooklyn and will work under our Culinary Director and Senior Director of Production to support them in the daily operations and larger on-going projects as needed. We are quickly growing company, and the Manager position includes high potential to develop into a role with greater responsibilities and exciting projects.
- Oversee daily kitchen operations and quality control as part of the production team – ensure Sakara is delivering the best possible products for each and every client, meal production, including but not limited to:
- Verify that all ingredients received adhere to Sakara Life quality standards
- Interview, Hire, On-board and Train nstaff
- Maintain a clean and beautiful kitchen space, and using proper food handling and sanitation guidelines
- Effectively manage all systems (ie. training, scheduling, ordering, inventory, allergy observance, maintenance of database) while, at the same time, constantly trying to think of ways to improve current systems
- Manage daily production by driving recipe execution and checking taste and plating for proper execution and presentation
- Help execute recipes, new menu items, allergy meals, or any other daily production support as needed
- Maintain and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement in all that we do!
What we are looking for:
- Passion for Sakara!
- 3-4 years in high volume and high pressure food service production with previous supervisory responsibility
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Contagiously positive, friendly, “can-do” attitude, and diligent work ethic
- Knowledge of unique, high-function, natural ingredients and supplements is a bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Two free Sakara meals a day!!
- Many many more!