Position Open - Posted Friday, July 6th 2018
Co-sales Manager - Grand Rapids, MIGrand Rapids MI Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
The Co-sales Manager (CSM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The CSM is a close partner to the general manager (GM) and is accountable for supporting the overall business, inclusive of the salon. Additionally, s/he is responsible for delivering loyalty program growth through new member sign-ups, guest data integrity, and credit card growth. The CSM leads a team of cashiers and is responsible for all aspects of frontend operations and guest experience. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, service, and expense control), people (talent acquisition, training, and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The CSM is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service and driving guest loyalty program growth that meets or exceeds store goals.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop managers and associates reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Model and promotes behaviors that support a guest-centric culture across the store.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to adjust schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and reporting.
- Uses the company’s task management tool as directed to prioritize the execution of store workload, ensuring full leadership adoption and compliance with company policy.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, cash management, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 2-3+ years of fast-paced, retail management, or other relevant work experience
- Financial management: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture, and executing merchandising directives
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Attend offsite meetings (may require overnight travel)
- Continuous mobility throughout the store on a daily basis
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis
- Stoop, kneel, and crouch on a daily basis
- Climb a ladder and maintain balance on a daily basis