Bacardi U.S.A., Inc.
Importer and Production and Manufacturing
1862-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
About the Role
This position is the key person responsible for the accounting, purchasing, systems and business analysis for the Casa BACARDÍ Puerto Rico visitor center. The A&A Manager will support efficient, compliant and transparent management of Casa BACARDÍ’s business. He/She is also an important team member to share the information with the team to support the business goals, driving revenue, maximizing opportunities and leveraging data.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Visitor Center lead for all accounting & finance matters that collaborates with global teams:
- Local point of contact for the Brand Homes Division Comptroller and other global support divisions.
- Collaborate with Finance team for all bank reconciliations, tax reporting and local compliance matters.
- Lead collaboration with Global Business Solutions on all purchasing, compliance and contracts. Monitor vendor KPIs and all administrative matters.
- Lead collaboration, compliance and productivity with Collaborate with Global Tax Division on all tax matters.
- Oversight & responsibility for proper execution of all internal controls.
- Ongoing analysis and reporting of revenue and trends to provide insights and contribute to growth plans.
- Manage the procurement process, from participating in vendor selection, negotiation, contracting, establishing and monitoring KPIs and ensuring collaboration and compliance with company policies.
- Lead materials and inventory forecasting, monitoring depletion, and planning of long-lead-time purchasing.
- Ongoing management of the operation’s Purchasing Cards and timely submission of expense reports.
- Manage Fixed Assets tracking and administration of all CapEx projects.
- Point of Sale & Ticketing system “Master User” – onsite administrator, troubleshooter and trainer for the software and hardware.
Measures of Success
Critical Experiences for Success
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Finance
- Minimum of three to five years Business/Accounting/Retail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Ability to write reports in English and Spanish
- Administration of Programs
- Knowledge in electronic systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Admit One)
- Effective use of the Internet and email
- Team Leadership
- Effective communication
- Management of multiple priorities
- Sense of urgency
- Influence / Persuade
- Analysis and solution of problems
- Planning and execution
- Engagement with the client
- Capacity for judgment and decision making.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS OF WORK
Constant (5-8 hrs per shift):
- Verbal interaction
- Listen and understand
- Transport to different geographical locations
Frequent (2-5 hrs per shift)
- Stay up
- Sit down
- Working Alternate Days
Occasional (up to 2 hrs per shift)
- Lifting objects
- Move objects (<10 lbs.)
- Working in warm temperatures
Rarely (not a regular part of the job)
- Push objects
- Moving objects (11-25 lbs.)
- Moving Objects (26-50 lbs.)
- Moving Objects (51-75 lbs.)
Our Ways of Working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.