Position Open - Posted Tuesday, October 9th 2018
Buyer PlannerSeattle WA Mid-Level Full Time Operations
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Range:
- Home or Centralized Office: Centralized
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
Purpose: Deliver an uninterrupted flow of material through focused replenishment buying that enables Paula’s Choice to meet our customers’ needs.
- Review ERP requirements to determine material supply needs, and take appropriate action to balance inventory and service by procuring goods at the right time.
- Place purchase orders with contract manufacturers and component suppliers.
- Contact suppliers daily/weekly to ensure orders are received, are being executed, and schedules are consistently met.
- Track and resolve production and delivery challenges, expediting or de-expediting orders as needed.
- Perform daily data entry and data maintenance in ERP system.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using root cause analysis and critical thinking skill.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Must be able to work independently without direction but also understand the concepts of teamwork and cross functional teaming.
- Working knowledge of MRP theory is required to understand why purchases are needed, and when.
- Working knowledge of Bills of Material planning parameters is required to understand the logic of how item and supplier parameters affect each other.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications required.
- 2+ years’ experience in purchasing or planning for a CPG company.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers a plus.
- APICS, CPIM certified or demonstrated equivalent experience a strong plus
Note: At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.\