Position Open - Posted Wednesday, June 13th 2018
Brand Development Manager, Northern CaliforniaSan Jose California Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: Region Manager CA
About The Position
AIM OF THE ROLE:
- Enable the portfolio of premium spirits brands to become recognized among the trendsetter brands in the Top-Level scene of the On trade in Northern California (in sales and credibility).
- To measure success in this role, the Brand Development Manager will have a specific team, personal sales and marketing goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationships with key customers in your dedicated territory. You will be driving the performance and growth of Royal Dutch Distillers’ brands within your territory through negotiating the commercial terms and building long lasting relationships with customers. Your strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver key sales and commercial targets for your dedicated territory.
- You will be measured against a set of concrete monthly/quarterly/annual KPIs to demonstrate performance in the market (account visits; menu placements; sales depletions; etc.)
- You will be the visible, day-to-day face of RDD towards the customers in your dedicated territory and will act as the key contact for customers in that territory, driving new business and maintaining sustainable relationships.
- You will be interacting with other stakeholders (PR, Marketing, Customer Marketing and Sales - global and local) to ensure success for the brands.
- You will be the On-Trade channel expert and will represent the RDD portfolio to customers and influencers in the channel. (Focus A & B Outlets). Secondarily, you will work with the top Off-Trade accounts in the territory.
- You will develop relationships with key influencers and local trade and influence the positioning of RDD in the territory. This may include providing industry training to customers, bartenders and consumers.
- This role is varied and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the local customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively within your territory in order to stay connected to all customers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive results and excellence in execution
- Together, with the Director of Sales – West Coast and Area Sales Manager, define the ‘Where to Play’ (channels, accounts, and trade events) and deployment of resources against the KPI priorities while maximizing ROI.
- Deliver on Road to Success targets, complete survey and work in partnership with customers / distributor to deliver excellence in execution.
- Build industry revered advocacy capabilities that drive values share in the On-Trade & Off-Trade.
- Develop strong relationships with key trade leaders, owners and influencers to increase opportunities for our sales teams.
- Stay within key financial targets and monthly budget targets.
- Manage territory / channel / account performance on a monthly/quarterly basis, working with customers / distributor to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution) in line with RDD Scorecard.
- Provide input to the Area Field Sales Managers on key channel, customer and competitive activity.
- For this role, you will receive the following: A competitive base salary, annual bonus and competitive local market benefits.
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES FOR SUCCESS
- To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Minimum 2 years commercial experience in in the field of On Trade, especially the bar/restaurant/hotel business
- Strong sales/commercial communication and influencing skills
- Strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident presence and in person professional appearance
- Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery
- Excellent computer skills. Required to be proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work full-time, non-traditional, late night hours as required
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean record and own vehicle