Old Elk Distilleries, LLC
SupplierView Full Profile
About The Position
This role encompasses the following areas with others as assigned:
Sales/KPI’s: Obtain new points of distribution in the “right” account universe. Present product to buyers through product features and benefits, price point and marketing support. Deliver on defined KPI goals related to market penetration, visibility and quality of execution within defined territory.
Distributor Management/Interaction: work with sales reps and communicate sales and re-orders. Work with on premise Distributor sales representatives to capitalize on sales opportunities.
Account Management/Programming: Maintain a key account list and develop personal relationships with key buyers/owners and managers in on premise channels Develop and institute ‘custom’ account programming activation.
Consumer/Activation: Lead the on premise, off premise and non-traditional/non-licensed event efforts by building lasting trade and consumer relationships with targeted accounts. Conduct in store tastings/promotions, seminars and staff trainings
Accountability/Reporting/Financials: Manage all applicable budgets, reports; send to leadership as needed/requested.
Planning and Implementation: Link brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic events. Participate in brand planning meetings from inception through ideation through execution.
Social Media: Use Social Media platforms to promote activities and highlight partner accounts
Tactical/Event Execution Excellence: Activate menu placements, features, events, and staff trainings on premise. Drive promotional execution programming. Establish consistency in messaging in consultation with Brand Ambassador and Marketing teams. As the leader at events, contribute to the creative experiences and activations focused on trial, consumption, and brand awareness.
Communication: Provide constant communication with distributor teams and manager/leadership. Manage the flow of communication from the field to distributor rep in region/market. Return emails, phone, and text message with a sense of urgency.
POS: Monitor proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all merchandizing commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Embraces and entrepreneurial approach to selling and obtaining objectives.
- Has previous experience selling alcoholic beverages, preferably with strong connections to the influential On Premise channels within their territory.
- Understands the impact of social media on today’s consumer and willing to use SM platforms to their advantage.
- Takes pride in themselves and what they do – are able to work with integrity at all times.
Do you have what it takes? Keep reading for information on qualifications.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. 2+ years of high-end mixology experience a plus.
· 1-3 years of sales/marketing experience within the beverage/CPG industry, management of Key Accounts
· Entrepreneurial minded, creative with excellent communication skills
· Strong presentation skills including expertise developing Power Point presentations
· Excellent tactical skills; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
· Resourceful: Understands how to get things done by leveraging from a wide range of resources
· Commitment to maintaining professional demeanor; be timely for all meetings, well-dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance
· Experience managing a budget
· Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends).
· Commitment to operate with integrity and sound judgment
· Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel throughout the designated market area
- Reports To State Manager - Illinois