Position Open - Posted Wednesday, June 13th 2018
Area Sales Manager - ChicagoChicago Illinois Mid-Level Full Time Sales
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Home or Centralized Office: Home
- Reports to: TBD
About The Position
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible for managing our wholesaler network and all marketplace activities.
The Area Sales Manager will primarily be responsible for six specific areas:
- Work closely with the wholesaler to execute all programs,
- Monitor Inventory levels to ensure no out of stocks,
- Monitor and affect retail distribution including effective placements and buying accounts.
- Monitor and affect volume goals
- Monitor PTR and PTC to ensure the operational plan is being executed.
- Run wholesaler incentives accordingly to ensure “share of mind” at the distributor.
The successful candidate must have strong understanding of wholesaler management and field sales, including analytical problem solving ability, exceptional planning and budgeting skills. Working knowledge of distribution network, retail customers, consumer purchasing dynamics, syndicated data systems
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound technical understanding
- Ability to present in large or small forums
- Reliability; manage multiple clients and execute timely follow ups
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as an Account Executive, Area Sales Manager, or in a Sales role with proven success
- Sales experience in a consumer product-selling B2B sales environment
- Experience managing the full sales cycle
- Excellent presentation and poise
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time and prioritize accordingly
- Friendly and honest with an unparalleled level of customer commitment
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with a computer and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This employee is required to travel significantly, primarily domestically via automobile, train and/or plane, and will be exposed to a variety of weather conditions on a regular basis.