Breakthru Beverage Group
DistributorView Full Profile
About The Position
The Account Development Specialist (ADS) will develop and utilize selling techniques and skills to promote Wine, Spirits and a Portfolio of brands for a dedicated account base.
This position will be responsible to liaise with restaurant store owners/managers, sales reps and is responsible for all management of the CDI premium portfolio and driving growth in their current account base and under-developed accounts which present growth opportunities.
Position works with key restaurateurs and CDI management for assigned accounts as it relates to executing events, marketing, development of wine and cocktail list’s and selling and training staff. Overall service responsiveness to accounts utilizing effective written, communication and presentation skills, use of sound judgment, and effective analyzing of data.
- Selling: Drive Wine, Spirits and brand building in a dedicated account base.
- Events: Responsible for performing frequent on-premise events to help activate brands.
- Surveying: Responsible for frequent surveying of on-premise accounts (i.e wine lists, cocktail list, wine by the bottle, well, cooking wine) to help create opportunity for sales presentations.
- Strong Customer Service: Building relationships and goodwill with the trade and distributors through tastings and staff education.
- Planning and Reporting: Responsible for daily account visits and a Pre-Plan of activities. Daily recap of results and accomplishments to ADS Manager and or On-Premise Division Manager. Build account portfolio awareness inside the target universe and in on-premise account opportunities.
- Training and Development: Maintain an up-to-date awareness on product information, menu standards, promotions, staff training, and industry trends. Maintain internal training.
- Sales Representative & Field Sales Management support: provide guidance and assistance with wine-related needs (lists, events, dinners). Give feedback and expertise for accounts outside of their territory to help reps develop their wine knowledge.
- Develop relationships within accounts to achieve maximum distribution across accounts beverage program (i.e wine by the glass, wine by the bottle, menu mentions spirits list, features, cooking wine and well items.
- Achieve branded placement objectives for On Premise with effective pricing, POS and positioning.
- Increase velocity of sales of brands within targeted accounts through successful implementation of brand and portfolio initiatives.
- Provide staff training on new placements as well as to increase sales of existing products as directed through marketing activities and events, conducting and managing consumer tastings (both formal and informal), brand promotions and experimental events.
- Maintains key accounts, by effectively communicating marketing plans, maintaining relationships with influencers (bartenders and promoters), presenting new products and cocktail and wine list offerings, and conducting business reviews as prescribed by management.
- Produces wine, and cocktail lists by working with CENTIV or in house graphic department.
- Determines specific needs of individual accounts by analyzing account and surveying for opportunities.
- Establishes merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for each account by understanding company priorities and defining POS needs to the supplier.
- Supports sales representatives as a training and information resource by presenting and sharing account trends and brand knowledge.
- Facilitates accounts visits, dinners for dignitaries and supplier representatives by scheduling and preparing accounts to meet the expectations of suppliers and management.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling new products, well and back bar placements and resets, drink and wine lists and promotions.
- Obtains appropriate distribution of supplier brands throughout account base by presenting and selling based on the brands’ features and benefits.
- Understands company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by reviewing and maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Understands competitive pricing and product programming by reviewing pricing schedules and surveying accounts.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering instructional staff training seminars.
- Assists event-marketing manager by helping to organize and execute events and brand promotions to maximize brand visibility.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g, WSET, FOCUS MARKETING, iPAD).
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work-with sales calls.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience, required
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to use diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be a detail and results-oriented, deadline-driven professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team.
- Strong accounting skills, and proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- The position requires the use of a personal motor vehicle and a valid driver's license.
Physical Demands of Job:
- Carrying and lifting 45-65 pounds
- Overhead and immediate reaching to perform various duties
- Standing and walking for periods of time to perform various duties
- Squatting or bending to perform various duties as assigned
Beverage Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available Here, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call (708) 298-3536 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.